Thursday 25 May 2023

me myself and I

Kia ora, my name is Ngapua I'm a year 12 at Bay of islands college and this is my first blog since December 5th 2019. Today I would like to talk to you all about my experience so far at Bay of Islands College in the building academy class. So far I love it, learning new things such as simple things like knowing the names of different tools, knowing what types of timber like 4x2 and 6x2 etc. I've contributed to helping out building the school a new PE shed to hold our school equipment such as javelins, high jump mats and more. I've also help build the school a new long jump pit box and right now we're in the process of a new retaining wall right outside of the hall for everyone to sit on during how days underneath the tree above the retaining wall and a new foot path below the canteen for because the old foot path has cracked and isn't quite good looking anymore. Also once every week I go out on mondays with WhaOut builders to get a more deeper  understanding and to also gain experience of what a real work day is and how it will be if I keep choosing the path of a builders career. 


1 comment:

  1. Awesome Ngapua. You have done really well with WhaOut, especially the 7am starts!!

    ReplyDelete